دانلود مقاله Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Legislation and Practices in Iran in comparing with International Requirements Including World Bank
سال انتشار: ۱۳۸۴
محل انتشار: اولین همایش ملی مهندسی ایمنی و مدیریت HSE
تعداد صفحات: ۱۰
Ali Mirzakhani – Principal Consultant DNV Qatar Country Manager & Iran Project Responsible
Koheila Molazemi – HSE Engineer Risk Assessment and HSE Section-DNV Qatar
international standards and requirements including World Bank. The purpose of this project is to provide:
– A description of the legal and administrative framework of ESIA in Iran.
– A description of institutional implementation of the ESIA process.
– A description of ESIA practice using case studies where available and appropriate. – A comparison between ESIA legislation and practice in Iran with internationally
accepted practice i.e. World Bank. The total results and conclusions of this study can be summarized as below:
– Overall, as compared to World Bank guidelines (OP 4.01) Iran requires institutional strengthening and capacity building on community level.
– There is heightening public awareness with regards to environmental issues and particularly those associated with E&P projects.
– There is heightening awareness of allocation of benefits from E&P projects and particularly in economically depressed areas and areas subject to recent military conflicts and civil disturbances.
– As in many such areas there are high expectations from E&P projects to bring opportunities for work and training, and to contribute to local infrastructure development.
– Stakeholder consultation is gaining importance to governments and operators alike.
– The study underscores opportunities for operators to build environmental decisionmaking capacity within governments and local communities.